- Learn from a tutorial or teacher
- Have a real project to apply and actually use with the software
- Keep repeating what you’ve learned on a daily basis so you can become confident on how to use that software as part of your business.
In the last 5 years, I’ve trained over 50 people on how to use a WordPress website. During all of my trainings, I’ve gathered exactly what beginners want to know, the most common questions asked.
Recently, I was encouraged by colleagues and clients and created a short, easy-to-read guide on the basics of WordPress called the WordPress Toolkit. It outlines the questions and reactions I’ve experienced during my years of training. This guide is the perfect tool if you are starting to build a WordPress site and want to understand how different pieces work together.
Here’s a great overview of what you’ll be able to accomplish by reading the WordPress Toolkit:
- How to safely protect your content plus tricks to help prevent your webpage content from being deleted or lost
- How to add a new page to your website, as well as add the page to your navigation.
- Organizing your blog posts through categories and tags. We dive into their differences between and when to use them.
- Where to find premium themes (themes help create the “look and feel” of your WordPress website)
- How to find the best Plugins (they are 3rd party features that can be added to your site, such as a gallery or slideshow).
- Using Widgets, how they work with plugins and explaining how easy it is to use a widget.
- Keeping your WordPress Secure, we cover the basic guidelines to help make sure your website is up-to-date.
There’s even a bonus section about social media tools. Purchase the WordPress Toolkit today. You can become more confident using WordPress, as well as save time and money.